Saturday, June 03, 2006

Persistence

For some obscure reason, Blogger wouldn’t let me attach this photo to yesterday’s post, relevant as it was. In a spirit of rebellion against technology’s arbitrary discriminations, I decided to post it today, irrelevant as it is.


Here is a quote about persistence which I found in an airplane magazine when I was ten, copied out for my grand-father on fancy paper in pretty cursive, and which has been sitting, framed, in his office ever since. Unfortunately, I no longer really like it:

“Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.”

No comments: