Thursday, May 25, 2006

Bastards!

According to the UK government’s new pension deal, my husband gets to retire – or more specifically receive his state pension – at 67, while I have to wait until I’m 68. Why? Because the cut-off year for increasing the state pension age from 67 to 68 is 2044.

And here was I hoping to retire at 55...

Meanwhile, far from worrying about late retirement, I’ve been toying with the idea of a sabbatical in 2007, since I will have been working for seven years by then.

Isn’t life is hard? (Apparently one of my preferred childhood expressions, preferably accompanied with a poignant sigh.)

Waterskiing at dusk on the River Congo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Am still planning on freedom 35... somehow or other :)

Have not visited in a long time... I have a lot of reading to catch up on apparently...